If then, we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him.
After the passing of your loved one, Please contact the Funeral Home of your choice to handle the necessary arrangements.
The Funeral Home will contact the church office to schedule a date and time for the Funeral Mass. The family is also welcome to contact the Church for information.
Once the date and time have been determined, the coordinator will contact the family member to schedule a time to meet. Prior to the meeting, a Funeral Planning packet may be picked up at the church office to assist you with picking readings and music for the Mass.
You may also pick the readings and music from the selections listed below. After you have made your selections, you may e-mail them to the Funeral coordinator, Carol Fuizzotti.
In every celebration for the dead, the Church attaches great importance to the reading of the word of God. The readings proclaim to the assembly the Paschal Mystery, teach remembrance of the dead, convey the hope of being gathered together again in God’s kingdom, and encourage the witness of Christian life. Above all, the readings tell of God’s designs for a world in which suffering and death will relinquish their hold on all whom God has called his own. A careful selection and use of readings from Scripture for the funeral rites will provide the family with an opportunity to hear God speak to them in their needs, sorrows, fears, and hopes.
In the celebration of the Liturgy of the Word at the funeral liturgy, the Biblical readings may not be replaced by non-biblical readings. But during prayer services with the family non-biblical readings may be used in addition to readings from Scripture.
– Order of Christian Funerals, General Introduction, nos. 22-23
For more information or to schedule a Funeral Mass, contact Carol Fuizzotti at 480-981-2021; ext 216 email: email@example.com
Music recommended for Funerals – Summer 2020
BB = Breaking Bread Hymnal OCP; G = Gather Hymnal GIA
- Be Not Afraid (B. Dufford) – BB #431
- Here I Am, Lord (D. Schutte) – BB #
- I Have Loved You (M. Joncas) – BB #602
- Rain Down (J. Cortez) – BB #600
- We Will Rise Again (D. Haas) – BB #439
- Psalm 23: Shepherd Me, O God (M. Haugen) – BB #457
- Psalm 25: To You O Lord (M. Haugen) – G #36
- Psalm 25: To You, O Lord (S. Soper) – BB #748
- Psalm 103: The Lord Is Kind and Merciful (M. Haugen) – G #100
- Psalm 103: Bless The Lord (Edward Walker) – BB #
- Psalm 27: The Goodness of The Lord (S. Soper) – BB #749
- Psalm 91: Be With Me, Lord (M. Joncas) – BB #783
Preparation of the Gifts
- Center of My Life (P. Inwood) – BB #488
- Eye Has Not Seen (M. Haugen)- BB #461
- Prayer of St. Francis (S. Temple) – BB #525
- You Are Mine (D. Haas) – BB #456
- Shelter Me, O God (B. Hurd) – BB #464
- Gift of Finest Wheat (R. Kreutz) – BB #322
- I Am the Bread Of Life (S. Toolan) – BB #327
- Miracle of Grace (C. Stephan) – BB #357
- One Bread, One Body (J. Foley) – BB #338
- Pan de Vida – (B. Hurd) – BB #
- Ubi Caritas (B. Hurd) – BB #326
- Amen, El Cuerpo De Cristo (J. Schiavone) BILINGUAL – BB #336
Final Commendation (Song of Farewell) [always sung during blessing of the body or the cremains]
- Saints of God (O Danny Boy Melody)
- Song of Farewell/Canto de Despedida (J. Cortez)
- Amazing Grace – BB #432
- How Great Thou Art (S. K. Hine) – BB #424
- Irish Blessing (B. Fabing SJ) – BB # 369
- I, The Lord (T. Kendzia)- BB #666
- On Eagle’s Wings (M. Joncas) – BB #436
- The Hand of God shall hold You – G #859
Additional songs NOTE: Choosing a song from this group will require a substitution from one of the other groups.
- Ave Maria (F. Schubert)
- Blest Are they (D. Haas) – BB #725
- Hail Mary, Gentle Woman – G #782
- The Servant Song (R. Gillard) – BB #386
The Holy Cross Grief Support group
Our Holy Cross support group offers care, education and support for the grieving.
It is essential to process your grief to heal. Our support group helps you do this.
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic , we are not able to offer in-person grief support group meetings at this time.
Since we are not able to meet as a group in-person, we are currently running two Telephonic Grief support groups
● One for those who have experienced the death of a loved one in the last two years
● One for those who have lost their jobs this year
The support groups consist of 4 participants and one facilitator.
The meeting would be from 60min-90min depending on group need.
You would be called at a time and day that works for all group members.
Space is limited so please register soon.
For more information or to register for the Telephonic Grief Support Group please Contact Facilitator/Parishioner Rose Kempf @518-763-2365, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, Please allow 24 hours for a response.
Together we can move beyond pain and into healing. Keeping you all in daily prayer, Rose