St. Vincent de Paul
Saint Vincent de Paul Society
The St. Vincent de Paul Society provides food, clothing, and other assistance to the poor and needy. Located at the north end of the grounds, the hours are Monday through Thursday from 9:00-11:00am. Their direct number is (480) 985-4259. Call to make an appointment.
St Vincent De Paul Holy Cross Conference, despite the Covid-19 Emergency, is continuing to provide services to families in need and the homeless. Thank you to “The Parishioners of Holy Cross Church” for your support in the past and in the future. Without you we would be unable to continue to operate during this National Emergency. You may mail your gift to the parish or bring in person to the parish office. Checks should be made payable to: St. Vincent de Paul.
We are always in need of cereal, jam, jelly, canned chili, Vienna sausages, canned Ravioli, peanut butter, and long crew socks. These items are given out to our homeless year round. Thank you in advance for your donations.
Household items and other clothing can be donated to your closest St. Vincent De Paul Thrift Store or call 602-266-4673 to schedule a pick up of large household items.
St. Vincent de Paul (SVDP) at Holy Cross needs volunteers to fill the following positions:
- Persons to deliver food to the residents of our parish.
- Persons to interview the homeless who come to our office. Computer skills needed.
- Pack and distribute food from our pantry.
- Person to pick up food at our main suppliers. Must be able to drive a SVDP 1/2 ton truck and unload containers that may weigh up to 60 lbs.
- Persons to pick up at local grocery stores and bring to SVDP in their own vehicles. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
Please contact Joe Kamal for any of these positions at the Holy Cross SVDP office, Monday through Thursday, 9:00-11:00am
or at 480-985-4259.