Saint Vincent de Paul Society
The St. Vincent de Paul Society provides food, clothing, and other assistance to the poor and needy. Located at the north end of the grounds, the hours are Monday through Thursday from 9:00am-11:00am. Their direct number is (480) 985-4259. Call to make an appointment.
We are now collecting holiday food like gravy, yams, instant potatoes, cranberry sauce, cream of mushroom soup and stuffing. These items will be packed and given out when we hand out turkeys for Thanksgiving. We expect to hand out at least 150 turkeys this year to residents within our parish.
We are always in need of cereal, jam, jelly, canned chili, Vienna sausages, canned Ravioli, and peanut butter. Additionally, long crew socks are always needed. These items are given out to our homeless year round. Thank you in advance for your donations.
St. Vincent de Paul (SVDP) at Holy Cross needs volunteers to fill the following positions:
- Persons to deliver food to the residents of our parish.
- Persons to interview the homeless who come to our office. Computer skills needed.
- Pack and distribute food from our pantry.
- Person to pick up food at our main suppliers. Must be able to drive a SVDP 1/2 ton truck and unload containers that may weigh up to 60 lbs.
- Persons to pick up at local grocery stores and bring to SVDP in their own vehicles. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
Please contact Larry Dickson or Mary Powell for either of these positions at the Holy Cross SVDP office, Monday through Thursday, 9:00am-11:00am or at 480-985-4259.