Elementary/Youth Sacrament Preparation
Registrations for Sacrament Classes are closed. Please contact the RE office for more information.
Welcome Purple Disciples and Red Saints! You are on your way to the reception of your sacraments!
Red Saints Information
Be Present! Isaiah 43: 18-19
Absences – 2 absences per semester
- When your child is absent you must call the RE office at 480-325-5375 to report absence.
- Parents and students together, study the missed chapter and complete the chapter review online. Go online to www.bemydisciples.com .
- Rm. E & F – Use the 3rd Grade book RM. H - Use “Christ in the New Testament and send results of the quiz by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rm. D – You will need to set up a meeting with Mrs. Patti
Tardies - 2 tardies = 1 absence
- Please arrive to class on time! If you are tardy, please follow these steps:
- Ring the doorbell for admittance
- Student will go directly to class and enter quietly without disrupting class
- Parent will stop in the RE office and sign your child(ren) in there you will also receive any important notices
Purple Disciples Information
Important Retreat and First Reconciliation Celebration Date: Saturday, February 3, 2018
- A parent and the student must attend the Reconciliation Retreat from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- If a parent cannot attend, please choose another adult to attend in your place
- Please make prior arrangements for younger siblings. With 100 students + 1 adult each, we do not have the space for additional children to attend.
- Student will receive his/her 1st Confession at the conclusion of the retreat.
- As soon as your child receives their 1st Confession you are free to leave.
- A copy is required to be in the Religious Education Office by December 14
- Check the list of Baptism Certificates still needed
- If a copy is not received, student will not be able to continue Sacrament Preparation.
- No more than 2 absences are allowed per semester.
- Go online to www.bemydisciples.com.
- Students in Rooms K & M are using the 2nd Grade book.
- Students in Room J are using “Christ Reveals God’s Mystery." Send results of the quiz by email to email@example.com.
- It is required that your child know the basic prayers by January 18, 2018.
For Families new to Religious Education
We are looking forward to assisting you in the formation of your child(ren). We remind you that you must be an active registered parishioner at Holy Cross in order to enroll your child(ren) for classes.
If you are active, but not registered, we invite you to register online or in the parish office as soon as possible.
Thank you parents and students for your hard work and dedication on the Wax Museum of the Saints! Enjoy this short video of some of the many great saints!