Beginning a New Year of Caregiving
01-06-2019On the Caregiving Journey…
As the new year begins, you are now beginning a new year of caregiving. Reflect upon the past year and ask yourself how you did on your caregiving journey.
- If you felt overwhelmed in 2018, did you ask anyone else to help you with your caregiving duties?
- Did you take some breaks from your caregiving duties even if just for an hour or two each week?
- Did you seek and receive support from others on the caregiving journey through in-person support groups or online virtual support groups?
- Did you keep up with your own medical appointments and wellness exams?
- Did you remember to affirm yourself occasionally for all you are doing for your loved one?
If you answered "yes" to four of the five questions above, then you had a successful year that deserves to be replicated. If you answered "yes" to three or fewer questions, then you have a good idea of a focus for your 2019 caregiving journey.BACK TO LIST